- Add this practice to your calendar?
07/17/2016 06:00 AM
07/17/2016 06:15 AM
Yoga Time with Irena
Yoga Flow – 15 minutes
My Awesome Yoga Space
- Register for the Fall Yoga Retreat to receive your Online Yoga Coaching Gift? Don’t forget the gift goes away, midnight, Monday, 7/18/16.
Let’s get our hearts pumping!
The struggle is real. Anything of value will take a little extra effort to achieve. Don’t be afraid when things get harder – you are being given an opportunity for a new adventure! A chance to step up your game and become stronger. It’s an opening for transformation. No more hum drum day to day automatic motions. We’re alive!!! We feel! We breathe! We are not numb!
Sometimes yoga gets a reputation for being a stress reliever. And yes, it will help to relieve the bad kind of stress. But did you catch that? The bad kind of stress. Which means there is a good kind of stress. We will only grow when we are challenged.
Take for example the butterfly and the little boy. One fine beautiful spring day, a little boy took to the woods for adventure! On his path he discovered a chrysalis! And he saw the butterfly struggling to get out. His heart sank for the little butterfly’s struggle. He so desperately wanted to help. So with trembling fingers he reached out to help peel away the walls of the chrysalis and allow the butterfly to escape this awful trap. But much to his surprise, instead of flying away the butterfly fell to the ground.
The butterfly needed the struggle. It needed to press and push against the wall of the chrysalis to gain strength in its butterfly wings. Without the stress, its wings were not strong enough to fly.
Don’t shy away when things get harder. Take a deep breath, ground, and remember you’re not alone on this journey. We can always reach out and ask for help. Or better yet, gather some friends who walk alongside you on this journey. And let’s cheer each other on! Fall down 8, get up 9!!
So today’s vinyasa is going to be stepping up our game. Plan for 15 minutes.
You’ve got this!!!
Don (my awesome hubby!) and I are cheering you on!!! Don’t you love how he photo bombs a picture!?!
Benefits of Vinyasa Yoga
(Linking Yoga Poses with Breath):
Reduce Stress, Anxiety, and Depression
- Take a look at your eyes in the mirror before you practice. Notice the quality of light in your eyes. Is there a sparkle? What is your level of worry on a speedometer of 0-100%? How much of that worry really is your’s? Notice how the movement of this practice will move these big feelings up and out. Then always fill back up with a beautiful golden pink light – wash it over your body.
Calms the Mind
- Moving with the breath will calm the waters of the mind. Deep breathing in and out will lower blood pressure and bring you to a place where you feel space between thoughts. There will be room to breathe and simply be.
- Even when you feel sluggish and tired and just want to run to the fridge for a quick energy hit. Yoga is a better choice. Try just doing a downward dog or puppy pose and see how bringing your head lower than your heart can help boost your energy.
Feel Stronger and More Flexible
- We’re using a lot of body weight resistance, holding ourselves in planks, downward dogs, and a few more poses too. With these same poses we open and lengthen our body. And with repetition you’ll find that it’s easier to reach up for your favorite cup on that high shelf. Or even to reach into the back seat of the car.
Improve Cardiovascular Conditioning
- In the beginning we may need to take an extra breath or two in a pose. Over time you will find your lung capacity and breathing improve as you link movement and breath.