Build a Consistent Home Practice
April 1 – 29, 2016
Get Your Groove On! Welcome to Day 7!
We are entering our second week!
You’re doing wunderbar! Don’t worry if you’ve missed a day, weekends can be used for catch up. Or double up on a day and do a breath work practice or meditation after a vinyasa practice. The intention is to get into a rhythm that works for you and I am here as your guide. Take what works for you and leave the rest behind. You’ll find your beat and settle into a wonderful groove!
Set aside 10 minutes for today’s vinyasa.
Take the time to do a quick journal entry. It’s worth it! This will paint the big picture for you and you will have tangible proof as to how and why a daily practice of yoga makes you feel so fantastic!
People will be asking you what you’ve been doing! Your eyes will twinkle a little more, smiles come more easily, it feels GOOD to be in your body! The peace that passes all understanding will start to well up from your heart and spill over into everyday interactions. Remember we are spiritual beings have human experiences.
Keep going! I’ve got your back 🙂
After week 1, what was the most fun to do?
- Vinyasa – flowing yoga sequence
- Pranayama – Breath work
- Restorative Yoga
Let me know in the form below or a comment on Facebook. 🙂
The intention for this 21 Day Challenge series is to do something everyday Monday – Friday. We are focusing on doing the basics at home and getting into a rhythm. Pace and modify according to you needs. I will always give you options. Remember you know yourself best, listen to your instincts.
Remember, you’re just one yoga practice away from a smile!
I invite you to give this a try.
Click on here to download the Journal Page (then simply click the print icon or download arrow to save it to your computer). I have filled in a sample one for you to see at the bottom of the page. Get creative and find wonderful color pens!
Benefits of Vinyasa
(Linking Yoga Poses with Breath):
Reduce Stress, Anxiety, and Depression
- Take a look at your eyes in the mirror before you practice. Notice the quality of light in your eyes. Is there a sparkle? What is your level of worry on a speedometer of 0-100%? How much of that worry really is your’s? Notice how the movement of this practice will move these big feelings up and out. Then always fill back up with a beautiful golden pink light – wash it over your body.
Calms the Mind
- Moving with the breath will calm the waters of the mind. Deep breathing in and out will lower blood pressure and bring you to a place where you feel space between thoughts. There will be room to breathe and simply be.
- Even when you feel sluggish and tired and just want to run to the fridge for a quick energy hit. Yoga is a better choice. Try just doing a downward dog or puppy pose and see how bringing your head lower than your heart can help boost your energy.
Feel Stronger and More Flexible
- We’re using a lot of body weight resistance, holding ourselves in planks, downward dogs, and a few more poses too. With these same poses we open and lengthen our body. And with repetition you’ll find that it’s easier to reach up for your favorite cup on that high shelf. Or even to reach into the back seat of the car.
Improve Cardiovascular Conditioning
- In the beginning we may need to take an extra breath or two in a pose. Over time you will find your lung capacity and breathing improve as you link movement and breath.
with light and love,
Missed a Challenge?
No worries, click on the day below to catch up. 🙂
Week 1 – Get your body moving
Comments or Questions? Send them to me here and I will get back with you as soon as I can.